Often people relying on computers to carry out business or home related activities need to broaden their understanding of a particular tool, or need to start using another application, without the time or confidence to progress on their own. The benefit of only a few hours training not only helps them to become effective much more quickly, but also provides the confidence to explore the application more thoroughly at a later stage.
ComputAssist offers a range of practical courses and provides short, simple guides with suggested reference books to support users in the work and home environment. The training approach is structured, and is tailored to meet individual needs. Training can be provided to small groups, either within company premises or in hired accommodation, or to individuals at home.
The topics below run from beginner through to advanced level.
- PC and Windows appreciation
- Word processing (Microsoft Word)
- Spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel)
- Internet and email (practice, with a little theory)
- Website e-commerce and design
- Presentation design (Microsoft PowerPoint). The effectiveness of a presentation relies very much on the personal skills of the presenter, as well as the technology. We can also advise on personal presentation skills.
- Databases (Microsoft Access)
- Microsoft Works applications
- Digital cameras, scanning & image processing, including image acquisition and processing your images for websites or publications
Topics are usually covered within 2 sessions of about two hours each, depending on prior knowledge. Daytime courses can be scheduled for a full working day with 3 sessions, or for one or two sessions in a morning or afternoon. Evening courses are also available.